Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Cactus!

This is the card for my brother's b-day. The cactus part is a personal joke. Huh looking at the photo it looks kind of washed out but you get the idea. The blue background is actually cool Caribbean which was an in color for stampin up a year or so ago I believe. The flowers are a punch that I have and the cactus bodies themselves are the pumpkin image for stampin up's set carved and candlelit stamped in green. This is something I've seen done on splitcoaststampers several times a nice gal from the wish random act of kindness group sent them for me. :) The sand is just craft brown that was torn and then inked with a dark brown on the bottom edge. The fiber is one from my vast collection that just seemed to fit. I just realized that I didn't take a photo of my father's birthday card that I did a few days earlier I'll have to do that sometime when I'm home.

No comments: