Friday, May 1, 2009

Rainbow of Hope

I made four of these the other day and have already used two. One was for a radiology technician that just had her co-worker whom I also worked with pass away and another was for another student who is having a rough time right now. I think the saying really works as both sympathy and/or encouragement. It is from http://www.yvonnealbritton.com/ they were at the last show I attended but I'm not sure if it is present on the website.

Colored with watercolor crayons on watercolor paper and used an aquapainter a.k.a. water brush to blend the colors. I then stamped the saying on vellum with white stazon, which I then stamped again with blue slightly off set. In order to make this look right I used my stamp-a-ma-jig. Then to hold the two layers together I used brads in the corners and put on a base card of Pacific Point a 2009 in color from SU. I really like this blue because it is bright and cheery without being too loud.

No comments: